This policy covers how EducatorsHandbook.com treats educational records and personal information that we collect and receive, including information related to your past use of EducatorsHandbook.com products and services.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies EducatorsHandbook.com does not own or control, or to people EducatorsHandbook.com does not employ or manage.
Educational records are records directly related to a student and maintained by EducatorsHandbook.com. Educational records include, but are not limited to: discipline records, grades, attendance, and behavioral data.
Ownership and Use
Educational records are the legal property of the subscriber.
EducatorsHandbook.com does not use educational records for any purpose other than providing its services to you and does not disclose educational records to any third party without consent.
Protection of Educational Records
EducatorsHandbook.com takes all reasonable measures to maintain the confidentiality of your educational records:
- EducatorsHandbook.com encrypts the transmission of educational records between the subscriber and our servers using 128-bit SSL encryption.
- EducatorsHandbook.com stores each subscriber’s educational records in a unique file on our servers, which can only be accessed by the subscriber and authorized EducatorsHandbook.com personnel.
- EducatorsHandbook.com servers employ a state-of-the art Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall and login/intrusion detection system.
- EducatorsHandbook.com conducts automated nightly backups of all subscriber data to protect against data loss.
EducatorsHandbook.com may continue to store your educational records as part of our backup retention policy up to one year from the date your account is canceled, but is under no obligation to do so. Educational records can be permanently removed from the server immediately upon cancellation by sending a written request to EducatorsHandbook.com.
EducatorsHandbook.com collects and stores educational records in a manner consistent with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and to the extent applicable, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Should you enable translation services for your account, anonymized educational records may be transmitted to a third party for machine translation. Personally identifiable information is stripped from the educational records prior to transmittal.
Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
Collection and Use
EducatorsHandbook.com collects personal information when you register with EducatorsHandbook.com, when you use EducatorsHandbook.com products or services, and when you visit EducatorsHandbook.com pages. EducatorsHandbook.com may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
Registration Data. When you register, we ask for registration data such as school characteristics, your name, and your email address. Once you register with EducatorsHandbook.com and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
Usage Data. EducatorsHandbook.com automatically receives and records information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request.
Cookies. EducatorsHandbook.com may set and access EducatorsHandbook.com cookies on your computer.
EducatorsHandbook.com uses personal information for the following general purposes: to fulfill your requests for products and services, customize the advertising and content you see, improve our services, contact you, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Sharing and Disclosure
EducatorsHandbook.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with EducatorsHandbook.com under confidentiality agreements. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of EducatorsHandbook.com’s terms of service, or as otherwise required by law.
P.O. Box 2453
Tallahassee, Florida 32316-2453